The Market Recovery Program (MRP) for Crane & Equipment rental companies is similar to the Contractor MRP in that it helps union firms to compete more effectively.
The new Crane & Equipment Rental MRP can be used to expand business in new market segments, such as cell towers, modular homes, HVAC placement, and concrete pumping, to name a few. Grant amounts vary based on the size, type of equipment and other factors relating to the market segment.
Yet, understanding that the Crane & Equipment rental business has a unique set of needs, ELEC has modified and streamlined the program accordingly.
The Crane and Equipment MRP is different from the Contractor MRP in two key ways:
- The streamlined process allows Crane and Equipment companies to be prequalified to bid more competitively, expediting the bidding process
- A contractor can request preapproval status for a specific market segment facing non-union competition. Once a market segment is preapproved, the Local 825 Business Manager determines the grant amount per project type, sets the time period to be covered and an overall preapproval limit.
Restrictions apply on Public/Prevailing Wage Projects
- The rental program can be utilized for public and non-public projects.
- For all public projects, subsidies may not be used under any circumstances to pay wages or benefits for construction work. MRP subsidies may only be used to cover ancillary costs, such as travel for an operating engineer to deliver a crane to a jobsite and other delivery costs.
- For private companies these restrictions do not apply.
Please note that all other MRP rules and regulations apply.
If you’ve avoided bidding on certain projects in the past, think carefully before letting any more opportunities go by. With our new Crane & Equipment MRP, you may be able to expand your rental footprint in entirely new areas of construction.