In 2010, the major building contractor associations in New Jersey and New York joined together with IUOE Local 825 to form a collaborative labor-management organization to support their common interests in expanding work opportunities for their memberships.
ELEC members consist of the following organizations:
- The International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 825
- The Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey (ACCNJ)
- Construction Industry Council of Westchester & Hudson Valley
- Construction Contractors Labor Employers of New Jersey
ELEC works to expand economic development and stimulate growth working with chambers of commerce, business partnerships, professional associations and industry coalitions to support policies, legislation and regulations that encourage responsible economic development.
In addition, we:
- Help developers advance their plans through the maze of regulations and approvals.
- Assist contractors in pursuit of bids.
- Reimburse Local 825 members for certain licenses and security clearances so they are ready to work at a moment’s notice.
- Advocate for economic development, investments in infrastructure and elevating construction industry standards.